Sunday, January 13, 2008

Week 1 Update

I will be writing weekly updates on the progress of this blog. If you still have not known yet, I am trying to prove that it is indeed possible to rank high for a search term using only free tools and of course, some efforts on your part.



Aim : To get #1 spot for the terms "SEO Singapore", "Singapore SEO" and "Singapore SEO Consultant".



When I started this blog, I have no clue at all regarding the competition I'd face as my keyword researching proved to be futile due to Singapore being a very small populated country, there isnt enough keyword searches to aid in my optimizing my content for the keywords that I want.


Therefore, I typed in the terms "SEO Singapore" and started looking through each of my competitors' sites, viewing their source code and tried to figure out what my long tail keywords that I can use.


My short term aim was to get this blog indexed as quickly as possible so that I can focus on link building and optimizing my content after that. Well, I did achieve that.




Search Engine Indexing Progress


As of now, my 7 articles on Search Engine Optimization, SEO and SEO Singapore have been fully indexed on Google and I can focus on the other parts of Search Engine Optimization now.

It wasnt without help that I got my articles indexed relatively quickly with respect to the creation date of this blog. (Which was early in 2008 by the way)

I got a boost from the following sites : Digg , StumbleUpon and BloggingZoom. These sites gave me the link authority needed to boost my pages up the SERPs for the keywords that I was aiming for.



Search Engine Results Pages Progress


These are the rankings I am currently at for the following terms :

All the rankings here are based off the rankings from Google. Surprisingly, SEO Singapore and Singapore SEO gave off 2 very differing results. Looks like I still got some work to do :)

At this point of time, the only links back to this site are from Digg, StumbleUpon and BloggingZoom. So in a way, I have not really started on my link building campaign yet. Hope everything goes well in the next few weeks.


PS : If any of you would like to help, then you can help with a link back to this blog using one of the terms above. Drop me a note and I'm sure to love you :D


Till then,

Jasa, Singapore SEO Consultant

4 comments:

Robbert said...

Great tips included in this post and very informative. Nicely described internet marketing concept.

SEO services

seo singapore said...

I actually enjoyed reading through this posting.Many thanks.Seo Singapore

seo singapore said...

My cousin recommended this blog and she was totally right keep up the fantastic work!
Seo Singapore

Seo Singapore said...

Wonderful blog & good post.Its really helpful for me, awaiting for more new post. Keep Blogging!

Seo Singapore